Grievance Redressal Committee’ means a Committee constituted under these Regulations may be called the All India Council for Technical Education (Establishment of Mechanism for Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012.They shall apply to every Technical Institution recognized or approved by the All India Council for Technical Education under the All India Council for Technical Education Act, 1987. Grievance Redressal Committee has been established for students, their parents and other may approach to the Grievance Redressal Committee of the institutions and if they are not satisfied with the action of the committee they may sent their appeals to the ombudsman directly. The Ombudsman shall exercise its power to hear those grievances and ensure its disposal within one month of the receipt for speedy redress of grievances. On conclusion of the proceeding, the ombudsman shall pass such order, with reasons for such order, as may be deemed fit to redress the grievance and provide such relief as may be desirable to the effected party .
‘Grievances’ may include the following complaints of the aggrieved Students namely :
- Making admission contrary to merit determined in accordance with the declared admission policy of the institute.
- Irregularity in the admission process adopted by the institute.
- Refusing admission in accordance with the declared admission policy of the institute.
- withhold or refuse to return any document in the form of certificates of degree, diploma or any other award or other document deposited with it by a person for the purpose of seeking admission in such institution, with a view to induce or compel such Person to pay any fee or fees in respect of any course or programme of study which such person does not intend to pursue.
- Demand of money in excess of that specified in the declared admission policy or approved by the competent authority to be charged by such institution.
- breach of the policy for reservation in admission as may be applicable.
- Complaints of alleged discrimination by students from Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, OBC, women, minority or disabled categories.
- Nonpayment or delay in payment of scholarships to any students that such institution is committed, under the conditions imposed by AICTE, or by any other authority.
- Delay in conduct of examinations or declaration of results beyond that specified in the academic calendar.
- On provision of student amenities as may have been promised or required to be provided by the institution.
- Denial of quality education as promised at the time of admission or required to be provided.
- Non transparent or unfair evaluation practices.
- Harassment and victimization of students including sexual harassment; and
- Refund of fees on withdrawal of admissions as per AICTE instructions from time to time
Register your grievance here ->
Please fill all details correctly to allow fast grievance redressal.