1. Student chapter activities
-The students can join any of the following clubs according to the taste of them in their particular area.
The clubs are.
a) Food production club
– To find innovative dishes and try to achieve record making attempts connected with food production
– To make new recipies
– To collect the various herbs and spices from around the world
– To start a herb garden in the campus
b) Food & Beverage Service club
– New mixture of cocktails
c) House Keeping club
– Flower arrangement
d) Front Office
– Case analysis
– Professional experience
– Soft skill development
2. Co – Curricular activities
a) – A food festival named ‘KATKALP’ was organized in the month of September 2007. The concept of the festival was to have integration among south Indian states. Menus from various south Indian states were prepared by the students with the help of staff members. Also the ambience and dress code were in par with the theme. The chief guest of the function was Rev.Fr. John.V.Thadathil, President,LMCES and Mr.Bosco Futado, Learning and Training Manager, Taj Green Cove presided over the function along with executive members of LMCES. The function was organized for 400 pax and the guests were mainly students and staff from LMCST along with invited dignitaries from hospitality industry.
– Along with this function the attempt to prepare the largest IDLY in the world was a great success. It was an effort of two weeks by the students which attained success. The Idly batter was for 18 kgs and the diameter was 90 cm.
– The event was repoted by Amrita T.V, Kairali.T.V and Jeevan T.V along with the print media.
b) – The students were also part of the services provided to various functions organized by the society and College.
– The Punjabi restaurant organized at Lourdes church as part of the charity purpose conducted by Women’s association of Lourdes church .
– The General body meeting of LMCES on 11th January, 2009
– The various campus interviews organized in the campus by LMCST.
– The Service provided for 11 days to SDP programme conducted by electronics department of LMCST.
– Won Second runner up in inter-collegiate competition conducted by AJK College of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Coimbatore.
3. Parent- Teacher interactions.
Parent teacher interaction meeting are held in every semester to discuss each students performance.